Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our Big Arrival!!!

























Well to our surprise Addison Marie Dunn was Born on December 20th 2011 at 5:14 pm. She weighed in at 6lbs 11oz and was 19 inches long. She has a nice head of dark brown hair and has the demeanor of what I think to be an angel. Now for the story of how it all went down brace yourselves because here I go!!



It all started on Monday the 19th. For me I got up went to the gym and started my last finishing touches to the house. I guess you could say my last nesting days... Dans parents were on there way from Utah do to arrive around 1pm. My first clue that things were going to be crazy was the doctors office called and asked that I change my appointment from 9:30 to 11:30 which at the time in my head was good because I still was not done with my cleaning. I left for my appointment feeling good. I thought well after this 10min check up I will go get a pedicure and run some last minute errands. Well that did not happen the doctor was 45 min behind schedule and when she checked me she said you are dilated to a 3. She then checked the heart rate of the baby and stated it was a little blah. So she hooked me up to the monitor at the office. After about 20 min of monitoring she asked that I go to the hospital to be admitted for further observation and that possibly I would be having a baby today!! Ahhh I began to freak out. I am not ready I needed a pedicure!! Thank goodness Dans parents got her just in time to go with me to the hospital since Dan was working. We went to the hospital and they monitored me, gave me yet another ultra sound, and decided to send me home at around 7pm to let nature take its course. The doctor and the nurses both stated we will see you back later tonight.



Tuesday December 20th, I started this day at the gym, I was feeling normal so I thought why not!! We then spent the morning running errands and heading to the dreaded walmart to get all the groceries that we would need for the week just in case the baby was to arrive. While at walmart I started to have some contractions nothing painful just noticing the were there. By the time we got home and put groceries away and started to eat some lunch I was having contractions every 3 min and they kept getting stronger and more painful. I called the doctor and had to wait for them to call me back by then it was really getting to the point were it hurt. At 3:45 we arrived at the hospital. Dan was starting to panic and when we went to check in there was a line so we rushed upstairs just to be told that Dan would have to go back down to fill out the paper work. By the time the finally checked me I was an 8 and in much pain i TOLD them I wanted the drugs but it was to late they tried but by then the contractions were every 30 seconds and I felt like I needed to push. I would like to note that all this happened in an open triage room with 2 other women in there whom they had to rush out because I was going to deliver a baby right then and there. The labor and delivery floor was totally full and they had no room for us to go to before and after delivery. I can't image what Mary must have been going thru having to deliver Jesus the savior in a barn. She is one amazing women!! Now I started to panic because I never thought I would have to do this without the pain meds, in an open room full of people and 2 doctors one male and one female, but I did it and in 4 pushes baby Addison was born. I must say I am very proud of my hubby for being strong. I am sure it was hard to watch the horror. We have laughed about it the last few days and feel that although it was a complete disaster , we were being watch out for. We had great care, from the hospital and from our family and friends. I am feeling overwhelmed and yet blessed all at the same time. Jace is adjusting very well to being a big brother. I love my family and am honored call myself a mother. Welcome to the world Addie, we love you and hope you find this journey in life a joy.

Love,

Dan , Cassie , and Jace

No comments: