Monday, August 22, 2011

Big boy bed



Today has marked the first week of Jace in his big boy bed. Now I have herd horror stories of kids getting up numerous times and so I prepared myself for a long few weeks of no sleep and crabby child, but to my surprise Jace has done really well. I must admit that having friends with boys that are around the same age helped because Jace always wants to be like his friends. We decided it best to start with the changing his crib to a toddler bed on a Friday so that way we could have the weekend to sleep more if needed. Jace was so cute, we put the bed together and he was so excited he kept saying this is my big boy bed!! The first two nights we stayed up late so going to bed was really easy , then on Sunday we put him to bed at his normal time and he went down okay and all I could think was this is to easy then I turned around and jumped!! Jace was standing there and when he saw that he scared me he started to laugh and say I scared mommy. That has been the only times he has gotten out. He does however like to get up and sneak into our bed in the morning. Unfortunately he does not go back to sleep he just asks over and over to watch his toons. Our little guy is growing up so fast and I am so proud of how good he has been doing with the changes we are making in his little world.




No comments: