Sunday, April 24, 2011

Our fun filled weekend!!















































































This was a weekend full of fun!! We had 4 specific things that had to be accomplished in just a very short and fast 2 days. On Friday we were lucky to have Dans parents here to share and celebrate this very special weekend. We went to dinner and just played and enjoyed being with family. On Saturday we geared up for our big dinner for Sunday, but the best part was we took Jace to his first movie at the movie theater!!! We went to see Rio and Jace did awesome he loved all the colors and music. It was so cute to watch his face light up when the previews were on he would say "here it comes" after each one. Jace loved that he could eat all the popcorn and candy he wanted. Lets just say the candy monster is out in full force. Saturday night we died Easter eggs. Jace thought it was fun. He did pretty good until we gave him an egg to do by himself . In one blink the egg was dropped into the bowl and vinegar colored water was every where!! Jace thought that it was so cool he even yelled " I did it". Jace really loves stickers and the egg kit came with a bunch. The joke between him and myself is that I put stickers on my face at church and he thinks it is funny. Granny was trying to put the stickers on the egg and Jace kept saying to put them on his face so yup you guessed it we did and after that well he turned into a crazy man and was running around the house yelling he was flying!!! We really think he was having some candy withdrawals because it was 8:30 pm and he was full of energy.
Sunday we woke to the Easter bunny bringing Jace a fun basket of Thomas the Train goodies. Jace was so happy he kept carrying his basket around and talking about it. We then got Jace and ourselves dressed for Church. Jace looked so grown up and handsome. After Church we did a celebration of Dans parents 41st anniversary. How fun to have 3 events to celebrate in one day!! After a much needed nap Jace got to wake up to balloons!! He was so happy to play with them!! In the evening we ate a wonderful ham dinner, opened presents and ate some good cake. Jace loved his books and cars that he got!! Jace also got a outside play house that his dad has been working on for weeks. Due to bad weather we are not all the way done so pictures will come soon!! Dan finished the slide, so after we ate dinner we braved the cold and played!! I can't wait for better weather, but Jace did not care he loved going down the slide and swinging!! We had to bribe him with candy to get him back inside!! I think it is very safe to say that our little man was happy!!


I must admit it this is a bittersweet moment for me. I miss my little baby but I love the little boy that Jace is becoming. I can't even believe how fast these last 2 years have gone. I am feeling a little sad that I wished all those sleepless nights away!!! I am so grateful to be able to be a mother. I have learned so much about what a mothers love really means. I love my life and I love my little man!!!

1 comment:

The Bryger Family said...

Yay Jace is 2! He looks so grown up in his easter outfit! What a stud. I am so glad you guys had a fun weekend of celebrating with family. Wish we could have been there too. We missed you guys.

kasey