Monday, March 12, 2012

A weekend of warmth



This weekend I was home with the kids for the first time by myself. I was a little nervous I must admit but I was pleasantly surprised at how far I have come in the past 3 months to adapting to 2 children. The weather was so beautiful this weekend that we spent most of our days outside. Saturday it was 67 degrees with hardly a breeze. You could tell that everyone in Cheyenne needed this warmth because the park was crowded almost to the point of chaos. We as in Jace , Addie, myself and some friends enjoyed walking around the park. Jace road his bike which is red and he thinks it is lightening McQueen. At one point while riding his bike he was getting frustrated he shouted out "oh coconuts" I was beside myself with laughter. We spent much of our evenings watching movies and yes I must admit we went to bed every night at 7:30. Sunday we got up and I decided if single moms can get to church so could I. The only problem I had was getting Jace dressed you will see in the above picture that he was no happy with what I had him wear. Church was a success Jace went to nursery and I got to enjoy all 3 hours of church. I am thinking this type of easy weekend by myself will never happen again. It was hard to report back to Dan that the weekend went well because I am afraid he will think that I am "good" at doing the parenting thing all by myself. Which I can but its always nice to have a partner in crime. I am so getting into the swing of things and am feeling normal again since having sweet Addie. Life is good. I continue to be grateful for all our wonderful friends and family who are always there for us and support us.

No comments: